Friday, February 6, 2015

BACK TO JAY LENO

Back to Jay Leno and what I have been feeling of late about Andrew.

           Andrew was devoted to Jay Leno and spoke of him often. He told Marnie that if things were not better for him by May 28th, he would do something about it. As I mentioned before, Marnie thought he meant going back on his medicine.

During his last week, Andrew mentioned several times that Jay Leno was going off the Tonight show. He said, “Nobody can watch anything else when he is on, I need to see every show”. I said, “What is so special about Jay Leno?” Andrew told me about how funny he was and that he went to bed watching him every night. Andrew had a great deal of trouble sleeping when he was not taking his medicine and he was sleepless that last week, as I mentioned earlier.

          He kept saying to me, “What day is Jay Leno’s last day?” and I said I have no idea. He said, “It is either May 28th or 29th”. I said what difference does it make; he will still be on, just a little earlier. He said, “It won’t be the same. 

        Little did I know then why that date was so important.  I believe he had decided to go out with Jay Leno if he was not feeling better. It seems like that is what he did

       Just to demonstrate how volatile and irrational my emotions are, last week the Philadelphia Inquirer ran an article on the late night TV wars. It included a discussion of Jay Leno’s move from late night to the 10PM slot. The article enraged me, as I thought to myself , if they had not moved Jay Leno to 10PM, Andrew might still be alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment