Wednesday, January 28, 2015

I BELEIVE I UNDERSTAND

I believe I understand Andrew’s decision and I appreciate that his decision in some way protected us from any future suffering, ravages or consequences that may have been ahead for him.

I wonder now if Andrew is still with us in some way, maybe only our memories. About 10% of schizophrenics commit suicide. I believe it was his concern about the worsening of his cognitive deterioration that got to him in the end, causing him to lose his job after being tortured so long by the critical job voices.

        He said to me after he received his unsatisfactory review, right before they let him go-"I don’t have to put up with this anymore" I said you’re right. There are other jobs out there for you. I think at that point he may have been talking about suicide although I did not  get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment