Friday, June 6, 2014

WHAT WOULD MAGGIE SCARF THINK



Once I got a call from Andrew’s nursery school teacher. She wanted to report that Andrew had told her that there was fighting at home. This was hard. I was trying to have the perfect family. Wow! Whatever we were doing it is upsetting Andrew probably more than us. Knock it off. What would Maggie Scarf think?


 I remember reading her book about family systems and taking the diagnostic questionnaire at the end to determine at what level our family was functioning.   It was very important to me to get a good score. To believe we were doing things well. We started around this time to see a marriage counselor. I remember saying to a friend of ours at a dinner party that Lou was losing her hair in places and I wanted to take her to see a child psychologist. His response was "go yourself". Those were wise words

No comments:

Post a Comment