Saturday, June 7, 2014

TRYING HARD



Unfortunately, for me while I was learning a lot about living and loving and being centered I was slow to incorporate my new learning into new behaviors. Integrating newly found knowledge and tools was a much longer more arduous process.

My first and most energetic reaction was always to try out my newly found knowledge on some hapless family member or friend. One of my good friends told me, “If you keep this up no one will want to be near you”. I managed to piss many people off, but somehow for the most part, they stuck with me. This included my family and especially my darling Andrew who understood that I meant well despite my often heavy-handed approach. Andrew was always intuitive. If I came home upset or angry and started in on him, he would often say, "what are you really upset about?’ ".   If I am honest though he took my rage on the chin, as did most of the family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment