Wednesday, December 31, 2014

GETTING RELEIF

We have friends and neighbors whose children died from overdoses at home, turning the home into a crime scene. Another friend’s son shot himself, so the parents were unable to view the body. The three examples in the paper that I listed yesterday encapsulated some of my worst fears for Andrew and me while he was alive.

That he might end up in prison, that he might accidentally injure another person. Once, the police arrested Andrew for driving the wrong way down a busy highway after medicating himself for sleeplessness.

           I was so thankful that he was not injured and that no one else had been hurt, but very anxious that this might happen again. Talking to Andrew after this incident,  I knew that he would not intentionally take such a risk. I was also aware that with the severity of Andrew’s symptoms, sometimes getting relief was the only priority.  

No comments:

Post a Comment