Saturday, December 27, 2014

HEARING IS HEALING.

I guess it is not really doing less. It is more about being available to others, to notice things, to speak with them and to myself.
 It is a stretch to search for resonance with others’ feelings and to have patience, and to appreciate how they are different from me. Because this is not my default setting, it often requires great discipline of me.
I am encouraged to keep practicing by my increasing awareness of how wonderful it feels to have more options for myself. My normal reaction is to listen long enough to offer a response that has more to do with me than them. It is often about what I know and what I can tell others.
My dream personality is to be comfortable enough with my own frailty to allow others theirs without having to fix it. Not to have to say everything that comes into my head, not having to move quickly, to be able to be still and really hear my complete self and others. Hearing is healing

No comments:

Post a Comment