Tuesday, July 29, 2014

THE RAILROAD CROSSING AT NIGHT

The Railroad Crossing at Night


Let me pause here to tell you about last night. We were driving home from the movies around 9:30 PM. John and I had been to see the British comedy, The Trip. It was mildly entertaining, but 30-40 minutes too long. 

Anyway, we were driving down the road that leads to the railroad crossing that is steps from our house. The crossing was lit up as if it was daytime and my heart left my body. 

I was completely transported. The scene took me back to the night Andrew was found. Lou and Rich, Marnie and Corbin and John and I had been to Katie’s, our long time next-door neighbor’s, wedding reception. Andrew had been missing since Friday evening and this was Saturday night. We left the wedding early because I was in such a state of dread that I could not function. 

No comments:

Post a Comment