Thursday, July 17, 2014

THE NOTE I MENTIONED YESTERDY

                                                                        3/19/02
Here is the note I mentioned yesterday. It was created on the computer, printed out and left for John and I on the kitchen table

Dearest Mom,
            I know these past months have been hard on
Dad and you. I know that you’ve both been trying hard to
 understand, and support my decision to drop out of school.
I know how tough it is for you to wake up everyday and
watch your only son waste his days on the couch doing very
little to make time useful. I need you to know that I am
grateful for how much love and support you two provide for
me and I promise that your time isn’t being wasted. It is
hard to see now, but in the long run, in the big picture,
everything will work out.
It’s so terribly hard for me when you ask me such
simple questions and I cannot give you a true, fair,
response. You must think why is this kid doing this to
himself? Why is he putting so much strain on us? The last
thing I want is for you and Dad to be effected by my
actions. I know that as my parents your job is to make
sure that your family is healthy and happy. I assure you
that everything will be fine and these bumps in the road
 are only a minor set back. I wish I could explain more and
clarify things but there are too many missing pieces of the
 puzzle right now. Take that as you may but try not to
over-analyze. Just know that this frustration and
confusion will be put to rest very soon and we will all be
able to get on with our lives.
Out of the 21 years of my life I have never met a
person more loving, more understanding, more patient, more
trusting than you. I hope you know how much I love you and
you’ll see, I will make you the proudest mother on earth.
                                                           
Sincerely,

 Andrew  xoxo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment