Wednesday, July 16, 2014

THE END OF SCHOOL


Unfortunately, school proved too much for Andrew and for his last semester, he pretty much stayed in his room, watched TV and smoked marijuana. This was the beginning of his nightmare of cognitive deterioration, that would eventually be his undoing. 

He did not tell us that he was unable to attend classes. It was only on the last day of the semester, when I picked him up at his dorm that he confided in me. He told me of the hell school had been and how he needed to get out and not go back. It was not at all clear to me that he was losing his ability to lean. I just thought it was the psychosis that got in his way of going to class and participating in school life


During this time, he wrote me a long and heartfelt note that I will share with you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment