Wednesday, October 8, 2014

WE MISS YOU SO

Yesterday your dad and I were watching the last hole of the US Open being played at Congressional Country Club in Washington, DC. Your dad had been watching it all afternoon and had made us a drink and gone outside. The leader, Rory McIlroy, was ahead of his nearest competitor by eight strokes and your dad had lost interest. For some reason I wanted to see the finish. I called to your dad to come out to the den and watch with me. He said we know he is going to win. I said, “Yeah I know but let’s see it to the end”

Your Dad joined me and as Rory McIlroy played the 18th hole the TV commentators started focusing on his Dad, as-it was Father’s Day. As Rory McIlroy sunk his final putt, he turned and found his Dad and said Happy Father’s Day as they embraced. Both your father and I started crying. 

We miss you so.

No comments:

Post a Comment