Tuesday, August 12, 2014

YOU DON'T NEED ME ANYMORE

Let me just get this remembrance in here while I am thinking of it. We see a lot of Angus. Either he is at our house or we were down in DC. I am a very smitten grandmother, GG. 

One day when Angus was less than a year old, he was sitting in his high chair ( the same chair our kids used) at our house and I was feeding him. Andrew came in and I said stand over by Angus so I can get a picture of the two of you together. 

Andrew leaned into Angus, looked at me, and smiled. He said, “You don’t need me anymore”. I quickly reassured him that no one could take his place, but that stayed with me and would be something I thought about after Andrew died. Were we keeping Andrew with us to meet our/my need to have someone to care for, to worry about? 

No comments:

Post a Comment