Friday, November 21, 2014

JOHN'S 60TH BIRTHDAY

I was always vigilant about Andrew’s reaction whenever we were having a party even if it was just a few people. In the end, even Marnie and Corbin coming for the weekend could send him back to Eileen and Rich's basement. 

Our house was under construction for Marnie’s wedding that was in our yard in june 2006. John’s 60th Birthday was approaching. We had been to several 60th birthday celebrations and I had asked John if he would like a party when he turned 6o and he immediately said yes.


So I decided give John a surprise party and to do it at a local golf club. We had about 60 guests. Normally Andrew would have been withdrawn and maybe even a no show. This night Andrew was fully engaged and seemed to be truly enjoying himself. I was in heaven seeing him in such a good place. I noted that he seemed in a good place after the party and he just agreed with me with no additional details. 

No comments:

Post a Comment